Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

The Sunday Post: #2

Happy Sunday everyone! This weekend has been really fun, last night me and my friends went out for my friend's belated birthday, her birthday is on Christmas Day and due to all the festive fun she has only just had chance to celebrate it now! Yesterday I spent the day whipping up this beauty of a cake in the kitchen, I saw the idea for it on Pinterest and couldn't wait to give it a try.. the cake was such a success and all of my friends LOVED it! Think I have been voted baker for everyone's birthdays now..!


I didn't get chance to get a good photo of my outfit last night, but I wore a really cute playsuit from Topshop which I picked up yesterday morning. The playsuit is black with little lace sleeves and a lace collar, and then an open back. The design of it is so classic and I will definitely be keeping it in my wardrobe for a long time to come. I wore it with my trusty black Zara shoe boots but in the Summer i'll also be pairing it with gladiator sandals for a more dressed down look.

Today me and 3 friends had a hungover day together, hangover days always tend to be the funniest! We went for a lovely lunch at Ask Italian which was gorgeous then we had a wander around some of the museums in Town! Hull really doesn't have much to offer in terms of things to do!

In other news i'm moving back to Leeds for University this week. At my University we get 7 weeks off for Christmas, it's been far too long so I am really itching to get back now. This semester I have 4 hours of lectures a week which means I only have 48 hours of teaching left and that I finish University in 14 weeks which is just scary and daunting, a lot of my friends are applying for graduate jobs so I really need to get my bum into gear and start applying. BUT I have secured a cheeky little internship in London over the Easter holidays which will be good fun, I have got my heart set on moving to London after Uni has finished so it will be a taster of what living in London would be like. I love visiting London and being a tourist but I know when it comes to living there people either tend to love it or hate it, I really am hoping I will love it though!

I'll leave you with a photo of when I went clubbing last night.. you really can't beat whipping your hair!

  

10 comments:

  1. This cake looks amazing! I need to try this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neverr saw a cake like this ! It looks so yummy !

    Do you have the recipe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream in the middle and all over the top and edges - decorated with kit kats around the outside and smarties in the middle. Very simple! x

      Delete
  3. That cake is amazing, well done you!X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks great, I love pinterest too! xxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo yummy, great website isn't it. Think i'm getting addicted to it! x

      Delete
  5. The cake looks incredible! Just to let you know, I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award, full details are on my post... :)

    http://novellaafterglow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/11-facts-11-questions.html

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this cake is AMAZING!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete