Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Style Post: #1 Statement Necklaces

One of my favourite looks at the minute is teaming a statement necklace with a plain t-shirt. Seen as this is my new fave look it'd be a crime not to show you, right?! I've picked out my 5 favourite statement necklaces, here we go....


First up is this gorgeous silver and rose gold flag necklace from Topshop. I can't remember the exact price of this as I bought it around a year ago, but I think it was around the £14 mark. I like the way that the two colours complement each other and the rose gold matches perfectly to my Rose Gold Michael Kors watch which I wear basically every day. This necklace makes a nice addition to such a simple outfit.

 

Next up is this gold band necklace from River Island with a black cord fastening. This necklace was £7 which is relatively cheap for a statement necklace. This necklace looks great with most outfits, it can really help to take an outfit from a day-time look to an evening look. Add a bright lipstick and some heels and you are ready to go!
 

I bought this silver link necklace a few weeks from Topshop to go with an outfit, but I can't remember what it was....helpful. Anyway this necklace was £14 I think, it's a really good staple piece of jewellery to have in your wardrobe as it is really simple yet effective at the same time. An all round winner I think. It looks great with a simple LBD for a night out. The only issue is that one of the links has started to go rusty after only a few wears, which isn't great considering the price paid for it!


I purchased this necklace from Topshop last summer just before my holiday to Gran Canaria. I loved wearing this necklace on holiday with a bright coloured t-shirt for a bit of colour pop. This necklace has stayed firmly in my wardrobe this Winter but I can't wait to wear it again come Summer time.

 

This final necklace is the newest addition to my necklace family. I bought it from Zara a few weeks ago as you may have seen in my haul post. It was fairly pricey but i'm really getting value for money as I can't seem to remove it from my neck! I've been wearing this necklace with everything from t-shirts to stripey t-shirts to jumpers, I should probably stop wearing it everyday before people think that i'm just having issues with not being able to un-do the fastening, haha. I haven't worn this necklace on a night out yet but I have two night-outs planned this weekend so i'm feeling I may have to take it out on a whirl!

Have you guys got any statement necklace reccomendations for me?! I'd love to know! Speak soon,

  

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that Zara one is incredible! I love teaming them with plain tees too xo.

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Its my fave one out of the bunch :)x

      Delete
  2. All those necklaces are gorgeous. In particular I like the one with the blue stones :)

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! Can't beat a good necklace can you!

      Delete
  3. You have some lovely necklaces and I love your ideas for styling them! xx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your lovely blog :) you've got a great collection of neck wear!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete